What are custom made cakes?
Cakes are often the centrepiece to a celebration. Back in the day, most cakes were usually very standard looking. At most with a double layer, an icecream filler, and maybe even a few written words on top. But these days with all the latest and greatest tools available, and a clever imagination, you can dream up almost design possible.
So if you’re looking a show stopper memorable cake for your occasion, then a custom made cake is the way to go. When art and skilled baking are combined, along with a clever imagination, the possibilities are endless and incredibly delicious!
Custom Made Cake Designs & Ideas
You name it, it’s probably been done. Below are just sprinkles of ideas for themed cakes at any celebration:
- Favorite name brands, purses, shoes, etc.
- Planes, trains, trucks, and cars
- Police & fireman, or occupation themed
- TV Show & Movie
- Nature themed such as oceans, forest, desert, space
- Food themed, soup, pizza, ice cream
- Favorite hobbies; knitting, baseball, basketball, painting, swimming etc.
- Musical bands & instruments
Choosing the right cake
Choosing the perfect cake for your occasion is going to depend on a 3 different factors:
- What type of event you are celebrating? There are all sorts of occasions that a custom cake is perfect for. Events such as anniversaries, weddings, bachelorette parties, milestone parties, new baby parties, and so many more. Chose a design that will match the theme, or leave it up to your creative pastry maestro chef to create.
- Is the occasion surrounding a specific person? If so, what types of things are they into; do they have a favorite anything? For example color, TV show, hobby, and of course the flavoring.
- What is your budget? Most custom cakes require a deposit. The total cost can vary greatly depending on size, how intricate the design is, time, and how many ingredients are needed to make it.
What type of flavors?
Now here comes the yummy fun part, selecting the ingredients of your custom cake. Some designers have a limited selection of flavoring and textures, so be sure to check with them to know their inventory. To give you an idea of some of the options, have a peak below…
(Warning, list is likely to induce hunger).
Some of the most common cake flavors include:
- White Chocolate with Raspberry
- Red velvet
- Coconut and Lime
- Pink Champagne
- Buttercream – Vanilla or Chocolate
- Lemon buttercream
- Strawberry buttercream
- Cherry buttercream
- Chocolate buttercream
- Chocolate hazelnut buttercream
- Chocolate milk buttercream
- Walnut rum buttercream
- Mocha hazelnut buttercream
- Almond buttercream
- Peanut butter buttercream
- Ginger buttercream
- Vanilla buttercream
- Espresso buttercream
- Caramel buttercream
- Cinnamon buttercream
- Lemon, orange, or lime curd
- Fruit preserves: apricot, raspberry, cherry or blackberry
- Vanilla bean pastry cream
- Dark chocolate
- Raspberry buttercream
When you are paying for a custom cake, you are not only paying for just a simple pastry but a work of art likely to be the highlight of your event, so make it a memorable one!